- 3 black bananas (very ripe)
- 2 yellow bananas (ripe)
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 100g brown cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 225g self-raising flour
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 50g walnuts
- Maple syrup for glazing (optional)
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Preheat, turn on the oven and set the temperature to 160 C.
- Peel the black bananas and add them to a bowl.
- Add the brown cane sugar on top of the bananas.
- Mix very ripe bananas, sugar and oil in the food processor until smooth.
- Hold a sieve over a bowl and gently mix the flour until all of the flour has passed through.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts to the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients in the food processor until well combined.
- Oil a loaf tin liner from the inside and add to the loaf tin.
- Pour the bread mixture into the tin liner.
- Slice two bananas and place the bananas on top of the mixture
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Then turn the temperature to 200 C and bake for another 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once cooked, take it out of the oven, and drizzle with maple syrup on top.
- Once it has cooled down, have a slice. Enjoy.