- 200g pasta
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 5-10 oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 escallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon pimento seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of dry jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup of non dairy milk
- 3 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- Salt or to your taste
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2 people
How To Make Rasta Pasta?
The recipe is a veganised version of rasta pasta. Making this meal is very extremely and easy to make. So if you’re looking for quick comfort food that you can make in less than 25 minutes, then this recipe is for you.
- Boil the pasta in water for seven minutes or according to the package directions. Mix in a pinch of salt and one tablespoon of oil before cooking.
- Once the pasta is tender but firm, use a colander to drain and rinse the pasta under cold running water to stop the pasta from clumping together.
- On medium heat add two tablespoons of oil and saute the sweet peppers, escallion and onions in oil until translucent.
- Add the following seasonings to the pot and stir thoroughly: the garlic powder, teaspoon onion powder, ground black pepper, pimento and dry jerk seasoning.
- Add remaining oil to the pot and then stir in the sliced oyster mushrooms for about a minute until softened.
- Toss in the pasta over the vegetables in the pot and stir until well coated.
- To give the meal that creamy texture and taste, pour in the non-dairy milk, add in the nutritional yeast and dried thyme. Mix thoroughly.
- It’s now ready to eat. Garnish with coriander and serve.