- ½ cauliflower
- 1 lime, freshly squeeze juice
- 1 orange, freshly squeeze juice
- 3 escallions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ scotch bonnet peppers, exclude the seeds
- 2 thick slices ginger
- 1 teaspoon of allspice or 8 pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- Coriander or Thyme, chopped (optional)
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2 people
- How To Make Jerk Marinade: Use a food processor or a blender to blitz the following ingredients together: thyme, scotch bonnet, scallion, onion, garlic, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, dark soy sauce, salt, olive oil, orange juice and lime juice. Set aside.
How to Cut and Core A Whole Cauliflower
- Pull the leaves from the base of the cauliflower to expose the stem.
- Using a knife, cut around the stem of the cauliflower.
- Using your fingers or a knife, break the cauliflower into large florets.
- Remove any large stems, then cut or break the cauliflower into small florets.
- Wash the florets and add to a large container.
Mix and Grill
- Pour the jerk marinade from the blender into the container and shake until the florets are well coated.
- Cover the container, refrigerate and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Spray or coat the bottom of the pot with oil.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the pot and oil the florets and stir evenly
- Saute the cauliflower on medium heat for 6 minutes or until the florets & marinade combines, which ever happens first. Stir and add more oil as needed so the pot and florets do not burn.
- Then, set the airfryer to medium heat and air fry for 10 minutes, stirring half way to ensure all sides of the cauliflower are crispy on the outside.
- Sprinkle thyme or coriander on the cauliflower for garnish.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!