- 250g pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1-2 potatoes
- 1 carrots
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 500ml plant-based milk
- 4 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Serves: 4 People
How To Cook Pasta
- Boil the pasta in water with a pinch of salt for seven minutes or according to the package directions.
- Once the pasta is tender but firm, use a colander to drain and rinse the pasta under cold running water to stop the pasta from clumping together, set aside in a bowl.
How To Make Herbed Crumb Topping
- Make your crumb topping by mixing together nutritional yeast, paprika, thyme, and salt.
- In pan, add extra virgin olive oil on medium heat and transfer the crumb topping.
- Stir with a spatula to coat the crumbs in the oil. Toast by frequently stirring for up to 60 seconds or until the crumbs are golden brown.
- Empty the crumbs into a bowl and set aside.
How To Make Cheese Sauce
- Add the potatoes and carrots to the blender.
- Also, add the following ingredients and blend until smooth: non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, turmeric, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt.
Mix & Bake
- Pour the cheesy sauce over the cooked pasta and stir until well coated.
- Transfer the Mac and Cheese mixture to a baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle the toasted crumbs on top of the pasta mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crumbs are beautifully golden brown on top.
- Allow your vegan mac and cheese to cool for 10 minutes before serving.